Friday, October 25, 2013

Precious moments with the ones I love

I love fall, the colors of the leaves, the temperature dropping, the hoodies, boots, and leggings!!!  Oh, I love fall clothes and wish I could start each fall by going on a big shopping trip and buy all new clothes and boots.....I LOVE boots!!  I have a few (read A LOT) of boots, but I don't have enough and I need a pair in black.  Both flat boots and high heeled black boots.  Aaaahhhh

Oh my....I didn't mean to get so off track, I'm back from daydreaming about boots and clothes.

One of the things that I love about fall is when the weather starts to cool down and the boys and I get some hot chocolate.  I am not a coffee drinker, never have been.  I am not part of the pumpkin spice latte club, sorry ladies but you can have them all!  I do like caramel frappaccinos though....with half the amount of coffee in them lol

Being that I am not a coffee drinker, I have never really had a coffee maker.  This is never a problem except when my parents, sister or Aunt come and visit....that doesn't happen often because my parents and sister live in Iceland and my Aunt lives in Pennsylvania.  Every time I got company that drinks coffee, I would just get instant coffee for them to drink.  Then this summer, my parents came to visit and they decided to buy me a coffee maker so they could have good coffee at my house. Never in a million years did I expect them to buy me a GOOD coffee maker....they didn't buy me a good one, they bought the best one!!  


+

They got me my very own Keurig!!!!

At first I was not really sure how to feel about it, I didn't know if it would ever get any use other than when I had family here.  Then my mamma started showing me all of the different kinds of drinks that can be made in the Keurig.  I can make tea, hot chocolate, coffee (of course), and iced tea.  Who woulda thunk it???  

Well, now that the weather is getting cooler, the boys and I decided to put the coffee maker to work by making some hot chocolate.


How cool is it that I can buy Swiss Miss for the Keurig :)


Can't believe I am actually using these cups.....they never get any use in this house lol


My little man loved his hot chocolate mixed with some milk to make sure it wasn't too hot for him.


My middle man loved the hot chocolate too!!

I love how the pumpkins are in this picture....finally there is something fallish around here :)

I love doing simple things like this with the ones I love mostest in the world.

What's your favorite thing about fall?


2 comments:

Edda Soffía said...

Já ég vissi að þetta væru góð kaup. �� það besta við haustið hjá mér er að þá eru jólin að koma. ��
Love u mamma

Handmade and off-centered said...

Great post. Finally a picture of the middle one hehe He always seems to " haul a** " when the camera gets brought out ;) I love this coffee/everything else maker.

The thing that I love most about fall are the COLORS and those pumpkins!

xoxo
Birgitta